Servicing the Community with Libraries
As a community library, your mission is to provide materials and services to residents of all ages for personal enrichment, enjoyment and educational needs. The library is dedicated to:
- Meeting the educational needs of elementary and secondary students.
- Developing programs to stimulate children’s interests and appreciation for reading and learning.
- Finding innovative ways to securely and economically expand the reach of services to the library community.
- Providing pathways for training/supporting your staff and volunteers.
BASCOM’s Solution is Developed Specifically for Libraries
BASCOM’s Patronus™ delivers CIPA-compliant filtering developed by working closely with members of a local cooperative system. This library web filter includes many features that make it both easy for librarians and technology directors to use by:
- Giving librarians an Instant Override to open access as needed for a specific period of time.
- Providing the ability to easily customize access for children, teens, adults, and staff.
- Offering an Acceptable Use Policy screen to instantly create a WiFi hotspot for patrons without any additional hardware purchases.
- Securing staff computers by creating a separate patron network without any additional purchases.
- Easily creating a “guest network” for patron WiFi access.
- Delivering the Kids Zone Web Library to provide a safe environment for young patrons to explore and learn.