Striving to Turn At-Risk Students into Productive Citizens
You are challenged with meeting the educational needs of children and youth who have been neglected and/or delinquent. You strive to provide them the opportunity to successfully achieve state academic standards. Your goal is to help your students by:
- Providing a safe and secure environment in which to live and learn.
- Successfully achieving the same challenging state academic standards that all other children are expected to meet.
- Successfully transitioning from your institution to further schooling or employment.
- Becoming productive, successful, and contributing citizens.
BASCOM Unites Technology with Instruction
BASCOM has developed innovative Internet security and curriculum-building tools that meet the needs of your educators and parents by providing secure access to age-appropriate, educational web content and Web-enriched lessons mapped to curriculum/program goals and state standards. Over the last 15 years, with the help of educators and technologists, we’ve developed our Global Chalkboard to facilitate the productive use of the Internet as an instructional resource by:
- Providing safe access to age-appropriate, Web-enriched curriculum.
- Building a comprehensive, secure, and economical solution for bringing quality Web resources to your students.
- Supporting project-based learning and the development of 21st century skills.
- Delivering flexible filtering that supports the use of YouTube videos and other Web 2.0 tools—such as wikis, blogs, and forums—in education.
In a recent article in Education Leadership, “Teaching the iGeneration,” the author writes, “Our children and youth are immersed in technologies that give them opportunities no previous generation has enjoyed.” He also cites a concern often stated by teachers, “How can I find time to locate and organize all of these online resources?”
BASCOM’s solutions meet these challenges and more by filling a void in the market that has been unaddressed by technology companies and overlooked by traditional education companies. Our solutions have struck a unique and innovative balance between the traditional needs of networking security professionals and the special needs of educators in learning environments tasked with integrating the Internet into their curriculum.