Integrated Library Firewall
BASCOM's Patronus includes an integrated stateful library firewall, providing robust network security that is managed through a simple Web interface. This deep-packet inspection affirmative firewall filters both inbound and outbound traffic. All traffic into and out of the network must be allowed by the System Administrator.
Patronus actively logs blocked attempts against the firewall. For added library Internet security, the firewall also actively monitors, blocks, and logs invalid login attempts.
Patronus Offers Robust Library Internet Security Features
- For ease of network deployment, BASCOM has provided numerous predefined firewall rules, allowing firewall settings to be defined with just a few clicks and keystrokes. Many common applications, such as Web servers, VNC, FTP, and H.323, are made available in the Predefined dropdown of the Add Firewall Rule page. With a single selection, the required rules for an entire application are added to a firewall.
- Within these predefined rules, BASCOM has defined VPN pass-through rules. This enables VPN connectivity without knowing the nuances of each port and protocol that's required to properly deploy it. Our VPN pass-through rules encompass popular VPN protocols, including IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP.
- Patronus's firewall allows the definition of specific port forwards for applications that are not predefined.
Network Address Translation (IP Translation/Outbound)
- Patronus's firewall supports network address translation (NAT), further providing security and control over a network's resources.
- Firewall rules can be enabled and disabled on demand, eliminating the need to constantly redefine infrequently-used rules.
Locked Down by Default
- Patronus's firewall is completely locked down by default, restricting all communication in or out of your network.
Deep, Stateful Packet Inspection
- Patronus employs a stateful packet inspection (or SPI) firewall which actively tracks all inbound and outbound communication. This implementation minimizes administration and security headaches. An initial connection is examined, and if allowed, is continually tracked by the firewall. In addition, Patronus deploys application-level filters at the packet level—utilizing deep packet inspection to dynamically detect and configure the firewall in response to the examined traffic.